Monday, February 4, 2013

With all the snow falling in Canada right now, you might like to check out the latest articles in my Canada section: Sunshine Village in Alberta and Sun Peaks in British Columbia. Scroll down after the general introduction and you will see individual destination descriptions.


North American Expert Area at Mt Norquay




Coming soon are pieces on Kimberley, BC and Mt Norquay, Alberta - both great family resorts with several under-utilized expert ski areas which are often full of untrammeled powder well into the pm! Don't tell the locals it was me who tipped you off.





Flush Glades at Kimberley
I'm heading back to Canada in late March for some "spring" skiing - I won't be skiing slush and corn snow, though. Spring in Canada is like February elsewhere with oodles of snow and lovely cool temps to keep the powder light and fluffy all day long. There's a slight chance I might be able to wear sunglasses rather than goggles and sit outside occasionally but I will still be wearing my down jacket!

In the meantime, I'm starting to think about Aspen Snowmass where I am heading later this month for the 40th Summit of the National Brotherhood of Skiers. I've heard that among all those American ski clubs there is a UK contingent coming which is really exciting for me - I sometimes miss the old country and love to reminisce about traffic jams, English pubs and Marmite. Also, the Snowmass après-ski itinerary is being formulated right now including a gospel fest, pub crawl, club-style happy hour, concerts, R & B band and a comedy show. I am hoping they are scheduling a few hours each night for sleep!

Happy Skiing, Louise